Monday, August 24, 2009

For M.

This morning was a turning point in the lives of myself and fuckdoll. We awoke to a lazy day together, and (as I'm somewhat of a geek inside), I rolled over to check my Blackberry for any messages I had received during the night. As I flicked through the inbox, I saw that I'd got an update. I read the update to myself and was moved beyond words. I then read the update aloud to fuckdoll, and tears welled up in her eyes. She was as moved as I was.

Quite simply, the comment from "M." deserves a response with more weight that just a comment in reply. It deserves a post to say thank you. Thank you from both myself and fuckdoll for touching our lives, by saying that we have touched yours.

I never thought that my writing would be anything other than a way for me to vent my mind. A way of complimenting the mood-stabilizers I take everyday. Never did I think that it would be read by someone everytime I posted something. To think that things I've wrote have perhaps helped someone make such a monumental decision in their life is an honour that I'm not sure I'm worthy of.

So, to "M", I say congratulations. I know that your choice is not something that can be made easily, nor is it something that can be executed with any kind of ease. But, and I can promise you this, you will reach one point, where you wake up after a good night's sleep, and you will realise that you have your whole life ahead of you.

And you can do whatever you want that day, and for your life.

All the best with everything, and I hope to still have your eyes reading our blogs..

Take care,
Master & Fuckdoll



---

2 comments:

  1. "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." - Robert Fritz

    While the quoting of others can, at times, be seen as quite magniloquent, I felt it appropriate in this instance.

    Your writing is too considered and too inspiring to be worthy of only your venting or as a complement to your mood-stabilisers. I have long since held a theory that a great many of those with mental-health issues have a penchant for writing. While I'm sure it's safe to say that my theory will never hold up to scientific scrutiny, I do so often find it to be the case. It may not, therefore, come as a great shock to you that aside from sharing a change in life, and a somewhat obvious sexual taste (How else would I have found the words of you and fuckdoll?) but we also share mental health issues. I am lucky enough to have been unsupported by drugs since May of 2005, but as my past has shown me, that can change at any time, and so you will never hear me say that I am 'cured'. That is far too ambitious a term. I am just 'stable'.


    My point being that while blogs may often be derided as mindless drivvle, scribbled by those with uninspiring and dull lives, that is just unqualified snobbery that doesn't hold up to closer scrutiny. It is cases such as this which highlight the true beauty of blogs; they inspire, they connect, and they amplify, to those who are willing to be taught, to listen, and to share.

    Thank you for the special mention. It was quite the pleasant and welcome surprise. The day when I wake up to fully appreciate that I have really only just begun my life is the thing that keeps me going through all the obstacles that exist before I can actually get there. But I am nothing if not incredbly wilful and determined. :)

    Thank you again and I look forward to your future entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might be interested in the new blog for puppy and I.

    http://mandpuppy.blogspot.com/

    I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy your own.

    ReplyDelete