Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pocket Rockets...

Its a sunny day where I am, and life feels good.. My old job let me leave early without penalty, so I've got a week to do whatever I feel like.

Pretty much, that's gonna be nothing.

But I do have to write about the other night that I and fuckdoll had. Firstly, we both enjoy playing poker - mainly texas hold'em online (I'm beginning to wipe the floor with the other users on Facebook's Zynga poker - who knows, we may have played a hand together!). Sometimes, we play 5 card draw poker at a friend's place.. Its a small $20 buy in and maximum $2 bets, nothing major.

The only thing that can sometimes annoy the crap out of me when playing online facebook poker is that, because its not real money, you can get idiots on there that just go "all in" for every hand. That kind of play is just irritating.

That's the good thing about playing for money with friends - people respect the bets, and bluffs work.

Until the other night.

Two of the usual guys brought their other halfs with them, and the only other time that we've played with newbies resulted in me losing all smiles as well as my $20 buy in. But, we agreed.

Not only did the girls (not fuckdoll, she's one of the guys for such an event) not pay for their own buy ins, but they were constantly showing their hands to the people that had folded next to them and getting constant help. One of them consistantly got good hands too. Which is cool. But I figured I'd break her flow a little with a bluff hand, constantly raising.. Of course, the chips didn't represent her money, and the action of a bluff meant nothing to her and she just kept upping it. I had an OK hand, so I went for it, again, she took me, but only with a slightly better two pair.

Then she played a bit dumb and gloated a tiny but. That was the end of smiles from me.

Fuckdoll wasn't happy, I tried my hardest to explain that to lose at, say, Blackjack is fine. Because its a set of rules. To lose at poker partly from hands and partly from bluffs is also fine, because the other players understand what the sudden raise could mean (it could be an awesome hand, or a total fake. But to lose to someone without that other person understanding anything that just happened drives me insane.

I just have a bit of an anger issue really, I did control it to the point of not shouting at them or saying something I'd regret, but, I have decided never to play with new-starters again. Its just too much stress - and I need to lower my stress levels so I don't explode...



---

No comments:

Post a Comment