Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A maze of dark tunnels.

Half an hour before work starts, and I'm sat in my car. The doors locked, keeping the world at bay. I can be myself here for another few moments before I have to put on my mask and face everything.

But I've noticed that my mask is wearing thin. The strap that holds it on is starting to sag. I think its overuse that's done it.

My skin is pale, dry and loose. My eyelids droopy from exhaustion of keeping going - trudging along metre after metre. I feel it grating away at me. The constant battle of existence.

But I know, around one of these damp, dark corners, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. There's always light. And I just keep needing to keep upright, and keep walking towards the light (when I see it).

I can't just give up and stay sat in the darkness for eternity.

---
emails are welcome:
erratic.seasons@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment